If you have lived long enough you know that this life brings you challenges and despair. The entire world seems to be suffering from some kind of hardship. As long as we are alive in this world our faith and resolve will be tested. The tests, while some are painful, give us opportunity for the most growth. In addition to the tests we all must face, we get so anxious and forget that many tests are simply opportunities for growth. On top of it all, many take no personal responsibility and make excuses for their poor choices.
Are you excited about life? Do you just exist? Are you a drifter? Has your joy faded? Did you once have an inner drive that has almost seemingly vanished? Have you been in bondage over your excess weight? I know there are many reasons to feel discouraged and lose enthusiasm for life, but there is hope!
It seems that years ago in school we were given achievement marks noted by an S, U or O standing for satisfactory, unsatisfactory or outstanding. So many settled for the “S” and few aimed high for the “O”, rarely exerting extra effort it took to earn excellence.
This crazy world scream from the mountain tops that the only thing wrong with you is that you don’t think highly enough of yourself. You owe it to yourself! You don’t love you enough! These are lies. A bigger view of you is not needed for true success. People who are self focused lose sight of what God really designed them to do; and as a result, intentionally give up. Internal focus will ultimately leave you more discouraged. Know this truth: you have more potential inside you than you realize, but can’t go it alone. We need others, not more ego.
So how do you get it done, regardless of your goals?
- It starts with a passion. Every person that succeeds has a passion. What is yours?
- Take that passion and develop a plan and implement it. (if that passion is to build you and your kingdom, you’ll ultimately crash and burn).
- You’ll need others to enlist to fulfill the vision God gave you. You can not go it alone.
- It will take courage in the face of opposition. There will be many naysayers that will try to discourage you along the climb.
- You’ll need core values and the ability to stick to them no matter what.
- Finally, never forget thanksgiving to God in all things.
So what is your desire? What are you going to change starting today? When you stop making excuses about where you come from, how you were raised, how thin you use to be; stop talking about “what you could/should have done”, you’ll start your success journey. If you have big dreams, fight the fight and go do it! “Almost” never wins.