We wish life was much like the picture, smooth and beautiful. Instead it is often defined with hills, bumps, curves, crashes and long stretches that might seem next to impossible to persevere through.
By nature we are creatures of comfort. We love the easy way. We have our expectations of what we believe should happen to us. While it is good to remain optimistic about life, you don’t always get what you want. The reality is like it or not, you’ll need to be prepared for what lies ahead. It will be unpleasant at times. If you haven’t yet, you will experience many tough times. I know that I have learned some of life’s toughest lessons in the dark valley.
The default question seems to be “Why me?” This is the part many get confused on. Why not you? The curse of man (Adam and Eve), the sanctification process you are going through and the testing of your Faith in God all guarantee you trials. You can be prepared for the ride by these simple principles:
- Surrender. You can’t stop it. Surrender is not a soft word. It actually is strength. It is you admitting that you are not God and do not have ultimate control.
- Stay in your Bible. This keeps your looking at your situation through His lens, not yours.
- Grow where you are planted. Whatever you’re dealt, learn from it and grow.
- Pray that God gives you the spirit that handles life with grace, appreciation, courage, resilience and a testimony that points others to The Truth.
- Embrace Peace that only God gives. You’ll never find it elsewhere. Never.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33