Politically we have many stepping forward to declare that they would be a great leader for our country. Companies have leaders leading them in decisions, good or bad, that will affect their direction.
So it got me thinking. What really is effective leadership? Here is what makes my list:
- You must have INTEGRITY. If you don’t no one will trust you
- Someone who can PULL PEOPLE TOGETHER to accomplish goals
- OPENNESS is the ability to pull different ideas from everyone while embracing differing traits of the team
- Leaders MAKE DECISIONS, confidently taking an organization where it needs to go
- PASSION and enthusiasm is contagious
- KEEP THE BIG PICTURE IN MIND while making sometimes tough decisions
- CALMNESS. A good leader is steady through all the ups and downs
- They know how to SELF-ASSESS, learning from victories and criticism
- PERCEPTIVE to the needs of others
- A good COMMUNICATOR, which doesn’t necessarily mean a good public speaker
- A SERVANT leader. “anyone among you that wants to be a leader must first be a servant….”
“Only three things happen in an organization: friction, confusion and underperformance. Everything else requires leadership.” Peter Drucker
Do you have what it takes to lead? Are you modeling to your staff or family good leadership traits?
We need more quality leaders!