We all can see tragedy happening around us daily and yet subconsciously we think that only happens to other people. But why do we think that? It’s easy to love life while it’s smooth sailing. But I have been contemplating lately if I’ll be so gracious when something bad happens to me in the timing I don’t expect it.
There is a great song called They will be done that addresses this very subject. It talks about complete surrender to God accepting whatever His will may be. It goes on to suggest that “God’s plans are for me”. We generally try to avoid brokenness. Yet one of the quickest ways God gets our attention is through how we feel.
It might be financial loss, the loss of a child, loss of a spouse. We may experience loss of freedom we’ve always held dear that is suddenly taken. However it comes, our world has been or will be rocked.
I’ve been shattered before. It seems like life is laying in pieces. You think you’ll never recover. It’s like your heart stop beating. Deep pain is all you feel. The door slammed, lights out and you are hurting like never before. So can you find joy in a broken heart? How?
I feel like in some ways I fail the tests. I am not that strong. I guess that is why I am trying to deepen my faith on a daily basis so I am ready when more heart break comes.
Maybe that is where God becomes most real. His plan is working all around us. Are we ready even if it doesn’t fit your timing or plan?
This is really the only encouragement I can give us:
GOD CARES DEEPLY FOR YOU
- You have kept a record of my wanderings. Put my tears in your bottle. They are already in your book. Psalm 56:8-9
- Then they cried to the LORD in their troubles, and he saved them from their distress. Psalm 107:19
WHAT WILL GOD DO
- He will wipe every tear from their eyes.There won’t be any more death. There won’t be any grief, crying, or pain, because the first things have disappeared.” The one sitting on the throne said, “I am making everything new.” He said, “Write this: ‘These words are faithful and true.’” Revelation 21:4-5
- The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17
- Turn your anxiety over to him. Commit everything to Him. Pray constantly.
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
God I need your grace and mercy.