Beauty is a 445 billion dollar industry. And what is beautiful to one may be ugly to another. Yet we pursue for this place of external perfection often trying to compete with what others deem as beautiful.
Ironically, God never uses one’s outward physical appearance, culture or social rank to determine beauty. So what is real beauty?
Beauty in God’s eyes is:
- an implicit trust in God,
- sorrow for wickedness,
- hunger and thirst for righteousness,
- purity of heart,
- being a peacemaker,
- keeping a living faith while enduring physical hardships,
- controlling your tongue,
- enduring personal harm to protect the church’s influence,
- making sacrifices for the good of others, and
- living by Christian convictions in the face of ridicule
I didn’t say it was easy to be beautiful. Now you understand why I’m ugly sometimes. God make me beautiful in your sight.