What do you plan to do differently this year to ensure that you actually reach your goals? Are you tired of carrying these goals with you from year to year never reaching them?
For me, being an entrepreneur, I am passionate and very hopeful to achieve great things. But passion isn’t enough.
The actual work of carrying out your plan from beginning to end is essential.
One of the main reasons people don’t carry out their plan is the lack of accountability. Accountability is what separates the super successful folks and leaders from the mediocre.
Working by yourself is often lacking. Why? Studies show that the person who actually achieves at a high level is the person who connected into some form of accountability program/coaching. There is something about having to answer to another person for your actions that motivates you to stay on track with your goals.
You need accountability or your goals will remain just that, a goal.
The benefits of accountability relations are many but I’ll give five here:
1. Accountability accelerates performance. A coach can tweek and customize your plan, help you build confidence and push you beyond your perceived limitations.
2. Accountability helps you set bench marks and see progress. Intentional tracking of success is essential.
3. Accountability keeps you engaged. Distractions will stop you quickly. A coach can keep you motivated and encouraged.
4. Accountability keeps you responsible to your goals. That one-on-one coach will push you for change. And change is what you need.
5. Accountability can reinforce your ideas. Sound advice and someone to silence your critical voice is essential.
Reaching your goals doesn’t have to be a long process. Start now.
David is a father, husband, business owner, and ministry leader. He is Founder and Director of a Hope 2 Offer, an Iowa non-profit focused on counseling and public speaking and The Orange Planet, a central Iowa based basketball instruction company started in 2008.
As always, thanks for reading Unmasked.
Contact us through http://www.theorangeplanet.com to get started with your training for basketball improvement and reaching your goals.